Thoughtful Wanders is a creative digital space dedicated to the question – “how do we encounter and process the world beyond and within our selves?” From travel to personal growth, curiosity and [un]learning, Thoughtful Wanders’ mission is to dig deeper and grapple with complexity and nuance, while cultivating awe, compassion, awareness and connection.
Some of the questions driving this space are…
HOW DO WE –
- …learn about the external world while honoring and nurturing our inner world?
- …process the external and internal worlds and them feeding into each other?
- …learn and unlearn while remaining open-minded and compassionate?
- …grapple with nuance and complexity, and accept the grey-ness and uncertainty of reality while striving for a better world?
- …gain both self and social awareness?
- …foster creativity and joy while thinking critically about the world we live in and unlearn constraining systems and norms?
- …have a sense of awe, wonder, and adventure while living in a reality that oftentimes is filled with hopelessness?
Thoughtful Wanders is an experimental passion project founded and created by Lydia C — a dream that has been manifesting and simmering with abundance and imagination since she was 17 years old (2012!). As a result, she is a one-person team writing, drawing, creating, dreaming and building to turn Thoughtful Wanders into a creative space and studio that offers art, content, and resources that help others on their self-discovery, healing, [un]learning and wander-filled life journey.
- Subscribe to the newsletter and keep up with this blog
- Thoughtful Wanders Instagram, Tiktok, Facebook (@thoughtfulwanders)
- Thoughtful Wanders (Art) Studio Instagram & Tiktok (@thoughtfulwanders_studio)
- Coming soon – Youtube
Why “Thoughtful Wanders”?
I picked “thoughtful” because it best describes my approach to thinking and reflection. It encompasses being deep in thought to careful thinking to overthinking to thinking in a self-aware away. I picked the term “wanders” because it is general enough to mean wanders in all forms. Wanders is not just about the physical act of wandering (traveling), it also encompasses mental, emotional and spiritual wanderings like growing, learning, and daydreaming.
Some central themes touched on in Thoughtful Wanders include topics from travel, society & culture, identity, critical thought to personal growth, mental health, creativity, spirituality, thoughts & reflections to engaging with the practicalities of living in the world as it exists today.
Thanks for reading! Excited to have you here 🙂